Personal Injury and Dog Attacks
Dog bites are frequent. In fact, there are an estimated 4.5 million dog bites in our nation each year. However, most people don’t know they could receive financial compensation if they’ve been bitten. If you or someone you know has had been attacked or bitten by a dog, trust the experts at BCN Law Firm serving The Villages® community to fight for you.
What to Do if Bitten
If you are bitten or attacked, it may be hard to think logically. However, there are a few important things you should do in order to assist with your case.
- Seek medical attention. This is the most important action to remember. Dog bites can cause serious infections like rabies and tetanus. If your injury is bad, or if there is bleeding, it is important to see a doctor right away.
- Call the police. Even if the injury wasn’t severe, it’s important to file a dog bite report with the proper city or county authorities. The legal documentation of the bite incident could later serve as evidence for your case, or help future victims of the same dog in their case.
- Obtain dog’s/owner’s information. Get the name and contact information of the dog’s owner and if possible, take pictures of the dog that bit you. Record the location of where you were bit as well.
- Keep the proof. Take pictures of the injuries you received and any property damages the dog could have caused. Also, keep any damaged clothes you may have from the incident.
- Keep to yourself. If you can, refrain from communicating with the owner or their insurance company. If you accept compensation from them, you could lose your right to sue for any additional damages.
Call the Experts
If you have received any personal injuries from a dog attack, our personal injury attorneys at Boyette, Cummins, & Nailos Law Firm serving residents in The Villages® community are here to fight for you. We strive to get you the maximum possible compensation for your dog attack injury. Fill out a Contact Us form or call us today at (352) 775-4739 to schedule a free consultation*.