When a couple divorces, it is customary that one spouse will require financial support. Spousal support may be awarded in a lump sum, in installments or another arrangement for a set period of time or indefinitely. Factors contributing to the determination of spousal support may include:
- Financial assets of both parties
- Employment or ability to find employment
- Earning potential and whether that potential was impacted by circumstances during the marriage
- Lifestyle during the marriage
- Disposition or distribution of marital property and assets
- Tax consequences
BCN Law Firm Family Law attorneys will evaluate your specific situation, compassionately explain your options, and rigorously fight for your right to spousal support, to help you get all you’ve earned and deserve.